The summer pool season is almost here! A backyard pool is a great source of recreation for friends and family members to enjoy, but could you make yours even more entertaining? We’ve got a list of amazing, high-tech toys and gadgets to make your summer even more memorable and fun.
- Swim, sun, and listen to your favorite tunes. What’s better than relaxing on a float in your pool? We suggest the SoundFloat Single Lounge, a puncture-resistant inflatable with waterproof Bluetooth speakers and built-in beverage holders. Don’t need a lounge? Try a waterproof Bluetooth swimming pool floating speaker like the Boom Swimmer, which can be immersed for 30 minutes.
- Stay connected, even in your pool. The waterproof iPhone case from LifeProof is submersible up to two meters for an hour, and LifeProof’s iPad case is waterproof and drop-proof. WISZEN offers a universal underwater case that allows you to use the touch screen and camera while your phone is in the case, and is submersible up to 10 feet, so you can take pictures underwater.
- Stream while you swim. The SkyVue Fusion Outdoor TV is all-weather resistant, which makes it a perfect choice for streaming content by the pool. If you’re looking for something more grandiose, the Airblown Inflatable movie screen offers 12 feet of poolside movie viewing.
- Let a robot do your pool cleaning. The Solar-Breeze NX2 from Wellbots is a solar-powered robotic pool skimmer that can both catch surface debris and dispense chemical sanitizer. The sun-based power source stays charged even at night, with no power cords necessary. Another robotic pool cleaner is the Aquabot Pool Rover HYBRID, a safe and efficient filter system that cleans your pool floor. There’s also the Jet Net Remote Controlled Pool Skimmer, which is a fun little boat that zips around and cleans your pool’s surface, as well as the rechargeable Hoseless Pool Vacuum that connects to any standard pool pole.
- Have your own Tiki Bar in the pool. Another fun gizmo from Swimline is the Floating Tiki Bar pool float, which comes with six drink holders, two ice storage bins, and a canopy. BigMouth Inc has a similar Beverage Bar, but if you’d prefer a simpler set-up, the Big Bobber Floating Cooler holds 12 cans with ice.
- Light up the night and create stunning ambience. Doheny’s LED Color Cascade Waterfall Fountain has adjustable spray height, or you can choose the Good Times Floating LED globe with changing LED lights.
- Play games while enjoying your pool. The Putt-A-Bout Aqua Golf Floating Putting Mat lets you golf in the pool or your backyard, or you can play billiards beside the pool and have dinner after you’re finished with the Outdoor Billiards to Dining Table from Hammacher Schlemmer. Beer Pong more your speed? The Pool Pong Party Barge from GoPong lets you play in your pool. For the Star Wars lovers in your life, try some Light Saber Pool Noodles from SwimWays.
- Rethink the traditional pool float. For the retro gamer in your life, choose the Nintendo Controller Pool Float, which is just over five feet long. If exercise is your goal, the In Pool Exercise Glider helps you get a low-impact workout with motions similar to an elliptical machine. Then again, if you’d rather not put forth any effort, try a Motorized Pool Tube or the PoolCandy Splash Runner Motorized Inflatable Swimming Pool Lounger, which let you move around without paddling.
- Cooperate with nature. Harness the power of the sun to heat your pool with a SwimWays ThermaSpring Solar Mat, which maintains and raises pool temperature and keeps heating costs down. While you’re at it, have a lovely rinse-off after your swim, in the Adir Italian Designed Teak Wood Outdoor Portable Shower, made of natural teak wood slats. Want to give nature a helping hand? Use the Pool Critter Escape Ramp to save the lives of little creatures while keeping your pool water cleaner.
- Get smart about managing your pool. You can remove the guesswork from balancing your pool water with the pH with a Wi-Fi-enabled Smart Water Care Monitor, which monitors the temperature and water chemistry, alerting your smartphone when something’s amiss. If your pool and swimming area are packed with amenities, the iAquaLink may be for you. It allows you to control everything from fountains and waterfalls to lighting and temperature, from the convenience of your smart device. Even better, because it has web-based functionality, you can control your pool’s amenities even if you’re not on-site.
If you’ve got a pool, will you run right out and grab some of these fun gadgets? Which ones will make your list? If you don’t have a pool in your back yard, why not? When you’re ready for a pool or spa, call Aaron Pools. Established in 1972, this family-owned-and-operated business has a dedicated, award-winning team with over 400 years of combined experience. We love to help improve the quality time that families spend together at home, and that’s why we’ve installed more than 2,000 swimming pools and hot tubs, from Cape Cod to Connecticut. For the best possible service from our highly experienced installation team, call 508-689-5042 or contact us today.